I Want To Sell My Home Before 2022. Where Do I Start?
Did one of your 2021 goals include selling your home? If so, you just have a few months left! But the good news is, you've come to the right place for information and resources on how to do it.
Selling your home in a brief time can seem overwhelming, especially when you're juggling many other responsibilities in your life. After all, it involves clearing out and staging your home, gathering necessary paperwork, and getting your home ready to show for potential buyers.
Hiring a professional real estate agent will help you do all of that and will make the process so much easier for you.
Keep reading to learn the critical steps to getting your home ready for sale!
1. Decluttering and Staging
The first (and biggest) step to preparing your home for sale is to declutter and stage your house. This can be time-consuming, so make sure you have plenty of hands to help!
Begin decluttering one room at a time, starting with the room you use the least and working your way up to the room you use the most. Do the same in the garden or yard. As you are clearing things out you may notice areas that need repair or sprucing up, so make note of these and get working on them as soon as possible, hiring professionals ahead of time if necessary.
The house may also need a professional cleaning service, and your real estate agent will guide you on this, but leave this as the last thing you do before you put your home up for sale.
Staging your home may include tidying up the garden bed in the front yard, adding decor to the interior, and/or rearranging furniture. A well-staged home can raise the sale price by 5-10 percent, so take your time to do it properly. Our team works with several professional staging services who can help you know how best to prepare your home and can even bring in furniture and decor.
2. Pricing the Home to Sell
Now that you've prepared your home to go on the market, it's time to establish a price. This is when it's crucial to consult with a real estate agent. As Realtors, we have the experience, knowledge, and expertise to help sell your home for the best potential profit.
Our team can also help with:
- Marketing your home - this is an absolutely necessary part of achieving a profitable sale. Without proper marketing, your home will not get the right type of attention from the right buyers. Our agents and marketing team are experts when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of what makes a successful sale through marketing and can help you receive the sales price your home deserves.
- Navigating paperwork - ah, paperwork, the least exciting part of the entire process! Luckily, our staff can take care of this and get it done 10 times faster than if you were to attempt it all alone.
- Selling your home for the best price in the shortest amount of time - let's be honest, selling your home can be an emotional event. During the valuation process, a real estate agent can help you find the best potential value for your property as well as help you feel optimistic and calm along the way.
3. Keeping Your Home Show-Ready
Preparing your home so that it is show-ready is one big milestone in selling your home, but keeping it that way is also equally important. Ensure that in the weeks and days leading up to your home going on the market you treat it as if it's already someone else's. Maintenance and regular check-ups of different rooms and areas of your house should be one of your top priorities before putting it up for sale.
4. Hiring a Real Estate Agent (Like Us.)
The benefits of hiring a real estate agent are limitless. Hiring a real estate agent will take an enormous weight off your shoulders and allow you to sleep peacefully at night, knowing that your home is being listed and marketed by someone with expertise. Real estate agents are professionals, rightfully so, but they are also leaders in market knowledge and specialized information that isn't available to the naked eye.
If you'd like to talk to us about helping you sell your home, schedule a meeting with us.
We're here to help.
Putting your home up for sale is one of the biggest life transitions. With a real estate agent, you'll have peace of mind knowing that an expert is at work getting your home on the market and sold for the best value in the shortest amount of time.