5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Creating Your Home Wishlist
If you’re thinking about moving and you’re trying to figure out what you want your next home to look like, here are 5 questions we’d suggest you start with to help you figure out what will best fit your wants and needs.
#1: Analyze your current living situation.
- What do you like about where you're living now?
- What would you change?
- Which room(s) do you spend the most time in?
#2: What do you need in terms of space and flow?
- How do you want your next home to feel?
- Do you prefer an open or compartmentalized floor plan?
- Which rooms are necessary for your lifestyle? A home office? A play room?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need for your current and future needs?
#3: Don’t forget about the exterior of your home.
- Is there an architectural style you usually gravitate towards?
- How much yard do you want to take care of?
- Do you want more or less yard than you have now?
- Are you looking for a home with a pool?
#4: How much work are you willing to do to your next home?
- Do you prefer a move-in ready home or something you can fix up and put your own style into?
- How much money are you wanting to spend to make those updates?
- Would you be doing the work yourself or hiring it out?
- Does a new construction home or a resale home interest you more?
#5: Consider the neighborhood.
- Do you want to live in a Master-Planned Community with an active HOA or would you prefer to live somewhere without an HOA?
- What do you want your commute to work to look like?
- Do you need to be close to an airport?
- What community amenities are important to you?
- Where are the closest basic necessities like grocery stores, hospitals, etc?
These are all important factors to consider when building the wishlist for your next home. Once you’ve figured out what’s most important to you, let us know and we can help set up a search around the criteria you’ve identified.